Life| More than just a BOARD… It’s your VISION
The anticipation of the New Year always puts me into high gear. I want to do everything, save more, travel everywhere, try every new restaurant and lose half my current body weight at the same time. Each year I think, I’m really going to do it and in reality I only successfully complete about half of the things on my list (most of the time, even less than that).
But this year I am going to take a different approach. I will create an evolving Life List. I will of course include things like become healthier, lose 15 lbs. or get into a smaller size as I achieve each previous goal. I will read more and work on growing my blog business. I do believe it is important to set goals, resolutions, and aspirations for your life, a sort of list that is a blueprint for yourself and your family.
One of my friends on Facebook said that she would create a vision book, instead of a vision board this year and that way she can take it with her. Another friend of mine has gone digital with her vision board, using an app to document her goals. I’m not sure what my approach will be yet, I’m thinking of documenting it here on the blog, but I need to think about it. One thing we all have to remember is that the vision book or board won’t miraculously make everything come to fruition. We have to work on the goals we want to see happen by planning and working on them.Final thoughts on using your completed vision board:
• Look at your vision board often and feel the inspiration it provides.
• Hold it in your hands and really internalize the future it represents.
• Read your affirmations and inspirational words aloud.
• See yourself living in that manner.
• Feel yourself in the future you have designed.
• Believe it is already yours.
• Be grateful for the good that is already present in your life.
• Acknowledge any goals you have already achieved.
• Acknowledge the changes you have seen and felt.
• Acknowledge the presence of God in your life.
• Acknowledge the Law of Attraction at work in your life.
• Look at it just before going to bed and first thing upon rising.
How will you manage your goals for 2016 and beyond?
At the time that I am actually sharing this post, I have committed to a Vision Book, pictured below.