Recipe | Beef and Broccoli Crock pot Meal
It’s getting cold outside and a little healthy comfort food can go along way. Let me introduce you to my beef and broccoli crockpot meal. It’s inexpensive, makes about 6 servings and your family will love it. It’s a very simple meal to make. You can even make it and store in the freezer for those days you don’t want to cook. Take a look at the super simple instructions below, and let me know if you have any suggestions or substitutions.
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes, optional
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- Cut flank steak diagonally, against the grain
- Put all of the remaining ingredients in a bag.
- Dump steak and broccoli and place in fridge until you are ready to cook.
- When you are ready to cook, dump the contents of the bag into a slow cooker/ crockpot for 2 hours. ( I have an older crockpot that has 3 settings- low, medium and high- I cooked mine on high for the first hour and a half, then I cooked it on medium to remaining minutes)
- Calories per serving: less than 500
- Protein: 30g